Monday, November 21, 2011

Notes on the Previous Five Stories

As I wrote, the five preceding stories were written to meet story challenges posted in the Three-Minute Fiction Facebook page. The stories and the challenges, in order:

1. “Uncool” was in response to Justina Ireland’s challenge: the story would have to include the word “shenanigans” and at least one reference to bacon.

2. and 3. “I Like” and “Visitors” were in response to Terri Zeller Wallace’s challenge: it would have to include a “healing,” contain the word “smörgåsbord,” and feature at least one reptilian character. (Because “I Like” went over the 600-word limit of a three-minute story, I wrote the other story, “Visitors,” to fall within the limit.)

4. “Vertigo was in response to Rick Amicon’s challenge: someone would have to fall down in the story.

5. “Silent Sue” was in response to Mary C. Charest’s challenge: construct a dream within a dream – where one dreamer starts and another wakes up.

Serendipity note: As I was writing “Vertigo,” my computer monitor started to shimmy. 3.2 earthquake. Honest to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment